If you’re a roofer or contractor that often works with building or repairing roofs, then one of the most important things to your business is knowing which shingles are right for the job. We at SYL Roofing Supply offer some of the best roof shingles around Orlando. We also offer wholesale prices for contracting businesses. There are several different kinds of shingles, and we believe it’s important to know about the pros and cons of each one so that you can make the best choice for your clients. Once you know the kinds of shingles you need to find wholesale, you can search “roofing supplies near me” around Orlando or contact us directly to get more details on our prices and products.
The Six Main Kinds of Shingles
Here at SYL Roofing Supply, we offer a selection of six major types of shingles, which are also the main kinds of shingles used in the construction of roofs. Each has its own pros and cons, so it’s worth evaluating those while also assessing the needs of your client.
- Asphalt Shingles
- These are some of the most common kinds of shingles you’ll encounter on existing roofs, but they’re also some of the most fragile and are vulnerable to fast-changing temperatures. The main benefit is that asphalt shingles are relatively inexpensive.
- Wood Shingles
- Wood is far more durable than asphalt and can last a much longer time. In addition, they’re eco-friendlier which can be a huge plus for some clients. However, they are highly vulnerable to fires and are prohibited in certain regions where fires are common.
- Clay and Concrete Shingles
- These shingles are durable and noncombustible, meaning they’re great in areas prone to fires. Southwestern style homes will often have these kinds of shingles, as they do a great job at reflecting heat. That said, they are quite heavy and some structures may not support them.
- Metal Shingles
- Metal shingles are growing in popularity due to their long lifespans, lightweight nature, and highly reflective qualities that are fantastic for home insulation. They are more expensive than other options, such as asphalt and wood.
- Slate Shingles
- When it comes to the lifespan of your shingles, slate will typically survive longer than all the other commonly used materials. They’re also beautiful for the exterior of your home, but they’re also heavy and can be very expensive.
- Composite Shingles
- Composite materials can be polymer, rubber, or plastics. They are incredibly versatile as they’re able to mimic the styles of other roofs, and they hold their color well for a long time. That said, they’re also quite expensive, and they don’t insulate as well as other types.
What Are the Best Roof Shingles?
Now that you know all about the different kinds of shingles, it’s time to reveal which one we think is the best of the lot. The truth, though, is that it’s largely dependent on several factors, such as the preference of the client and the structure of the home. Generally speaking, our favorite is asphalt shingles (architectural shingles). These look beautiful, and their cost can be compensated for their long lifespan—meaning you won’t need to replace your shingles as often as you would if you settle for a cheaper option. Additionally, the weight of the shingles might not make them compatible with some structures. That said, if you can afford the initial cost, these might be the best option.
Contact Us for “Roofing Supplies Near Me”
If you need the best roof shingles sold to you wholesale, then look no further. SYL Roofing Supply is here, so you don’t need to search “roofing supplies near me” for your Orlando roofing needs. Instead, you can contact us directly to learn more about our shingles.